Australian-born email marketing software company Campaign Monitor has acquired marketing platforms Sailthru and Liveclicker and launched overarching brand CM Group.
Atlassian has today announced its first post-IPO acquisition, snapping up YCombinator alum StatusPage for an undisclosed fee.
Australian sportstech Catapult acquires Boston’s XOS Digital for $80.1 million and Irish startup PlayerTek for $3.6 million
Australian sportstech startup Catapult (ASX:CAT) has today announced its acquisition of two international companies, Boston’s XOS Digital for $80.1 million (US$60 million) and Irish startup PlayerTek for $3.6 million (€2.4 million).
ASX-listed Rision, which provides a team planning and analytics platform to help businesses with staffing, has today announced its acquisition of Melbourne startup RosterCloud.
Although intent for an acquisition was announced last week, in the last 72 hours it was formally announced that Stamps.com® (NASDAQ: STMP) will be acquiring Austin, Texas based shipping software company ShippingEasy for US$55 million in cash.
Another busy week has seen Medium acquire Superfeedr, Uber raise $3.5 billion, and edutech company Udemy has raised $60 million. Closer to home Australia Post has acquired Aramex while Kikka Capital has raised AUD$2 million and Seatfrog has raised $1.2 million in a seed round.
This week has seen Facebook acquire spatial audio technology startup Two Big Ears and eBay acquire Ticketbis to expand its StubHub business, while it was also reported that Snapchat has raised a $1.8 billion Series F round. Closer to home, Telstra announced it participated in US startup vArmour’s $41 million Series D round through its Telstra Ventures arm.
After another busy week, BigCommerce has raised $41 million in a Series E round, while New Zealand startup Unleashed Software has raised $3 million. Meanwhile, Hyperloop One has raised $80 million to help bring the idea of hyperloop transportation to life and Outbrain announced it has raised $45 million.
Google acquires Synergyse; Pivotal raises $253 million Series C; FarFetch raises $110 million Series F
After another busy week eBay has announced its intention to acquire Expertmaker, while Google has acquired Synergyse. In funding news, Software development company Pivotal has raised $253 million in a Series C round, while fashion ecommerce platform FarFetch has raised $110 million and group ridesharing startup Via raised $100 million. Closer to home Domain Group acquired a 35 percent stake in OneFlare for $15 million.
Ant Financial raises US$4.5 billion; Global Fashion Group raises US$340 million; Haystack raises $1.1 million
This week has seen Alibaba affiliate Ant Financial raise the largest round an internet company has ever seen, US$4.5 billion at a valuation of $60 billion. Meanwhile, Rocket Internet’s Global Fashion Group has raised US$340 million and Vivint has raised US$100 million. Closer to home, REA Group is to acquire Flatmates.com.au, Rate My Agent has raised $5 million, and Haystack has raised $1.1 million in a seed round.
Spanish Uber competitor Cabify has raised $120 million in a Series C round, Medium has raised $50 million just a few months after its last raise, and Acorns has raised $30 million.
AccorHotels acquires onefinestay for $169 million; Bright Health raises $80 million Series A; Intercom raises $50 million
This week saw AccorHotels acquire UK startup onefinestay, while Intel acquired Italian IoT startup Yogitech. Meanwhile US healthtech company Bright Health raised $80 million in a Series A round and Intercom raised a $50 million Series B.
eBay acquires Cargigi; Spotify raises $1 billion in debt financing; LeSports raises $1.2 billion Series B
This week has seen Spotify raise $1 billion in convertible debt financing as it goes head to head with Apple Music and awaits the launch of Soundcloud’s streaming offering, while Chinese eco-sports company LeSports has raised a $1.2 billion Series B round.
Carsales.com.au acquires 83 percent stake in Chileautos for US$15 million to expand international footprint
Australian automotive online classifieds company Carsales.com.au has today announced its acquisition of a controlling stake in Chilean automotive classifieds platform Chileautos. The company’s 83 percent stake was acquired for US$15 million (approximately AUD$19.86 million) from existing cash reserves and debt facilities, with Carsales retaining an option to purchase the remaining 17 percent stake at any… Read more »