If you’re a highly-motivated digital editor, writer, or blogger with a journalistic, curiosity-fuelled approach to your work, you may be just the person to join the growing small business and startup editorial team at Pinstripe Media.
Pinstripe Media is Australia’s leading content and publishing company specialising in startups, business and personal finance, with a network of sites including Kochie’s Business Builders, Flying Solo, and The Airport Economist that engages 400,000 people each month.
Our mission is to help our 400,000+ audience become more successful in their own businesses or personal finances, through inspirational and education news, stories, and insights.
We’re looking to make our network an even more engaging, valued and nurturing online community for our readers and members. We have multiple openings for digital editors to join our Publishing team and build on our platform of popular written and multimedia content to reinforce our unique positioning and put our community’s voice at the front and centre of our business.
You’ll work closely with the Editors of our other publications, including Startup Daily, Kochie’s Business Builders and Flying Solo to create and deliver joint campaigns and strategic initiatives that span written content, videos, podcasts, newsletters, competitions, eLearning courses, events, and much more, that run across and grow the broader Pinstripe Media network. The positions are full-time roles in Sydney’s beautiful Barangaroo precinct.
A key measure of success for this role will be increased audience engagement and livelier community discussion, shown by growing content engagements, page views & visits, comments, and member/subscriber growth.
Important elements of the role include:
- Assist the development and execution of a brilliant editorial strategy based on audience insights and understanding of the market.
- Produce, commission and edit top-notch daily news and features across a wide variety of startup and small business topics.
- Work with the Head of Publishing to grow the community and audience through new initiatives, strategic partnerships, community engagement (both digital and real-world), and growth-hacking tactics.
- Compile regular newsletters and editorials for our email subscriber base.
- Oversee management and participation of our social media communities.
- Nurture relationships with our team of expert contributors – assessing, editing and publishing daily.
- Express your opinions via your own articles, videos and podcasts.
- Get involved in forum, article and social media discussions, picking out commentary to form the basis of new writing, identifying where new articles are needed and cross-referring members to existing articles.
- Participate in Pinstripe’s broadcast activities, including TV show production, podcasts, and events.
- Work with the Head of Publishing to develop, revise and measure content goals and budget tracking/ reporting.
- Develop and own a functional content calendar; ensure timely, inter-departmental communication regarding calendar of events.
- Liaise with sales teams responding to advertising briefs and assist with the production and management of branded content marketing campaigns.
- Represent our titles and Pinstripe Media at networking functions.
- Lots of other great stuff we can’t think of off the top of our heads!
What we’re looking for
Naturally you’ll have a strong background in content production, whether that’s as a writer/editor or other forms of journalism/content creation. Perhaps you have experience running your own business or Startup, or have experience in building online communities or digital media platforms. We’re open to superstars from any of these backgrounds!
In addition, we’ll be looking for someone who:
- Has a passion for the issues facing Australians starting, running and growing their own businesses of tech Startups, and be able to demonstrate interest and knowledge of the wider business/tech landscape.
- Has a genuine commitment to making a difference to the lives of business owners.
- Is a creative thinker, a go-getter by nature, and thrives on the challenge of coming up with new ideas and solving problems.
- Is digital savvy and comfortable with digital tools like WordPress, Mailchimp, basic graphic design, collaboration tools and social networking. and willing to embrace new technologies.
- Ideally has experience working with corporate partners to produce branded content.
- Is proficient at working independently, but also enjoys bouncing ideas around with a small and dynamic team.
- Being comfortable behind a podcast microphone and in front of a camera is a bonus.
How to apply
If the above sounds like you and you’re ready to help Australians start and run businesses they love, we’d love to hear from you.
To help us get to know you a little better, please send us your résumé plus a one-page cover letter telling us why you are passionate about startups and small business, and a few ideas you’d have for creating compelling content. Also include links to your online profiles and a couple of examples of any of your work that you’re proud to share.
In the first instance email the team firstname.lastname@example.org with your application and/or any questions and we’ll be in touch.