Australia now has more tech accelerators than a Tesla Gigafactory.
But if you’re a founder thinking about joining one, how to you choose the right match in the startup sector’s version of Married At First Site.
Even finding out about them takes tons of research before you drill down into the details of what’s on offer and then check out “the vibe”.
So here’s a chance to figure out the best options courtesy of The Spark Festival. Members of the Aussie Accelerator Network are coming together for what promises to be a Spark Festival program highlight.
The Aussie Accelerators Massive Reverse Pitch is on this Wednesday, October 20, at 6pm.
The tables have been turned on more than 20 local accelerators, who’ll pitch their programs to founders
Each one will have 90 seconds to let you know what’s so great about their program, and the kinds of startups they are looking for.
Spark Festival director Maxine Sherrin says they’re a competitive bunch, so you can expect some playful competition and a fun evening.
From university-based accelerators to some of the most famed global programs, here’s who you can expect to hear from:
- Benjamin Chong from The Founder Institute
- Benjamin Lindsay from INCUBATE
- Carla Dias Wadewitz from FOMENT
- Carolynne James from GATE – Global Ag-Tech Ecosystem
- Chandra Sundareswaran from Plus Eight
- Chris Petersilge from iAccelerate
- Colin Kinner from Startup Onramp
- Danielle Fryday from Hatch at Taronga Zoo
- Duco van Breeman from Haymarket HQ
- Elijah d’souza – Uncommon Collective
- Hilary Brainard from BlueChilli
- James Alexander from Galileo Ventures
- Jamie Pride from Launch Pad at WSU
- Lana Weal from Atto Accelerator
- Laxmi Pun from The Melbourne Accelerator
- Marlowe Mackenzie from Catalysr
- Maxine Lee from Skalata Ventures
- Morgan Popely from Macquarie University Incubator
- Melissa Pye from UNSW Founders
- Murray Hurps from UTS Startups
- Omar Najjar from Sydney Hardware Incubator
- Pernille Aggerholm from Scalare Partners
- Ron Hill from Sunramp Healthtech Accelerator
- Ryan Walker from Startmate
- Sarah Marke from The Lawtech Hub
- Sarah Curtis-Fawley from SBE Australia
- Vivien Mullen from Remarkable
- Zrinka Tokic from ThincLab at The University of Adelaide
Book to be a part of the Aussie Accelerators Massive Reverse Pitch here.