One of the biggest challenges founders face as they get their idea off the ground is what to do next to make it happen.
That’s what we explored recently in the series Idea to Unicorn, presented by Startup Daily in partnership with Microsoft.
Over two days at Tank Stream Labs at the Sydney Startup Hub, we looked at the steps you need to take to get your startup up and running, from execution to hiring the right team and securing investment.
We spoke to founders, venture capitalists and others working daily at the coalface of startup life in a series of panels, presentations and one-on-one conversations we’ll be sharing with Startup Daily readers over the coming week.
This presentation, featuring Alex Hattingh, Chief People Officer at Employment Hero, explored how to build a superstar team by finding and keeping the best talent
We’re sharing the other five conversations and presentations designed for early stage startup founders.
See the presentation on Building a company with purpose by Antler’s Adele Moynihan here.
And also check out the fantastic panel on how to get s#!t done when you’re a startup founder here.
This week, on May 4 & 5, we’ll be running two more sessions in the Idea to Unicorn series for later stage startups and scale-ups. The details and to book (it’s free!).
May 4’s theme is: Scaling with the best people – how to get your teams and partners right
The sessions are:
- Talent masterclass: securing the best in a competitive market, a fireside chat with Angelina McMenamin, head of talent at Wisetech
- How to build a poach-proof culture at a tech company, presented by Anthony Koochew, founder of Azured
- Getting the mix right: Founder lessons on scaling with teams, partners, and providers, featuring Simon Thurlow CEO of Parallo and Peter Brocklebank, MD of BeingIconic
On May 5, it’s: Going to the next level – setting yourself up Unicorn-style
The sessions are:
- Going Global, and how to get it right, a fireside chat with Aussie Unicorn, Linktree
- Raising Capital: The ins and outs of late stage finance from a legal expert, presented by Sophie Mao, LegalVision
- Raising Money in an Uncertain World: Founder lessons on securing real money, featuring with Tom Humphrey, Principal, Blackbird Ventures, Martin Karafilis, co-founder, Tiliter and Sebastian Stevens, partner at BDO.
Daily startup news and insights, delivered to your inbox.