Are you watching the “hour of power”? That’s how guests have described every weekday from 2-3opm on the Startup Daily show on ausbiz.com.au, when we cover the latest news in tech and startups.
If you can’t make it then, you can always catch with what our guests had to say on demand via the ausbiz site. It’s free once you sign up to view the show.
Every Monday, we kick off by catching up with Gavin Appel from Ignition Lane in Melbourne to discuss the big news of the past week. And Blackbird’s $500 million new VC fund is the news everyone’s been talking about. Gavin weighed in to discuss its importance to the local ecosystem.
Our other guest for August 10 were:
- Andrew Jones, co-founders of Neu21, the “unconsultancy” firm shaking up business consultancy to help companies deal with constantly shifting workplace demands in order to be more agile.
- Geoff Gourley, one of the world’s top 100 social entrepreneurs and innovators, and founder of the social enterprise accelerator and impact consultancy One10. He’s also launched an impact investment fund.
- James Taylor, the British-born founder of Sydney ecommerce startup Particular Audience, who had to land a rarely granted entrepreneur visa to meet the conditions of his $1.8 million seed round.
- Matt Vitale, co-founder of equity crowdfunding platform Birchal, which last week saw $2 million raised by Perth-based chilli sauce company Bunsters. It’s resulted in us saying “Shit the Bed” – the best-selling sauce – several times on TV over the last month.
- Dr Kelvin Ross, from Brisbane’s AI Hub, joined us to talk about the potential of artificial intelligence in tackling covid-19 and other health issues as Queensland leads the way in exploring the potential of AI.
- Tim Cameron, Australian manager for London-based global money transfer company Transferwise, came on to talk about the fintech’s first integration with an Australian bank, teaming up with neobank Up’s app.
- Sally-Ann Williams, CEO of Cicada Innovations finished the show talking about her organisation’s Economic Impact Report launch event next week. The pioneering deep tech incubator celebrates its 20th anniversary this month. We’ve come an astonishing way.
You can watch the full show online here.
- Startup Daily on Ausbiz.com.au streams live every weekday, 2-3pm. You can watch online, download the ausbiz app or via 7Plus.
Daily startup news and insights, delivered to your inbox.