Nominations for the 2021 Australian Impact Investment Awards are open but you only have until next Wednesday, December 1, to enter.
The awards are an opportunity for organisations and individuals to be recognised for their expertise, commitment and outstanding activity in the Australia’s impact investing ecosystem.
Entries are in the following categories:
- Impact Asset Owner: For asset owners directing their capital to impact, including institutional investors, philanthropists, high net worth individuals, family offices, corporations, banks, governments, and development finance institutions.
- Impact Asset Manager: For impact fund managers and other banks, deal makers or intermediaries placing or allocating impact capital.
- Impact Entrepreneur: For leaders with catalytic impact on our lives or the planet through profit with purpose companies (social enterprises), non-government organisations or non profit social service providers with earned-income models.
- Impact Market Builder: For infrastructure, knowledge or field development for policy advocates, professional service providers (such as research, advising, consulting or impact measurement), government agency, media outlet or individual.
- Individual Outstanding Achievement Award: For an individual that has made an outstanding achievement in the past year to support the growth of the Australian impact investment market.
The Awards are designed around similar criteria and categories to the Global Steering Group’s (GSG) Awards and are a collaboration between the Impact Investment Summit Asia Pacific and the Impact Investing Hub, developed by the Social Impact Hub.
Social Impact Hub founder Jessica Roth said the hub was created to map the Australian impact investing ecosystem and help connect investors with investment opportunities.
“We want to support the growth of the Australian impact investment sector, and in so doing, help finance solutions to some of our most challenging social and environmental issues,” she said.
“It is wonderful to have something to celebrate at the end of such a difficult year,” she said.
Impact Investment Summit Asia Pacific founder Alex Feher is hoping that the rise of impact investing will see plenty of entries in the 2021 awards.
“We strongly encourage everyone in the impact ecosystem to nominate organisations and people for an award as this just adds fuel to the growth in the movement for transformational change we would all like to see,” he said.
Nomination links and entry details are available here.
Entries close December 1.
Daily startup news and insights, delivered to your inbox.