Credit card giant Visa has launched an immersive program to help arts sector creators tackle the potential of NFTs
The Visa Creator Program aims to help digital-first artists, musicians, fashion designers, and filmmakers build their business through non-fungible tokens (NFTs). The program will help arts-based entrepreneurs deepen their understanding of the technology and platforms underpinning NFT commerce.
Visa head of crypto Cuy Sheffield said NFTs have the potential to become a powerful accelerator for the creator economy.
“We’ve been studying the NFT ecosystem and its potential impacts on the future of commerce, retail and social media,” he said.
“Through the Visa Creator Program, we want to help this new breed of small and micro businesses tap into new mediums for digital commerce.”
The program is focused on supporting creators in five key areas:
- Technical and product mentorship: Mentorship with Visa’s team of crypto product and strategy leaders, to cover topics including: evaluating tradeoffs between underlying blockchain networks, smart contracts, and NFT marketplaces.
- Community building: The opportunity to exchange ideas and problem-solve with a community of creators in various stages of their NFT journey.
- Access to thought leaders: Hear from leading edge thinkers and researchers working across digital commerce, web3, crypto and payments.
- Exposure to Visa’s clients and partners: Opportunities to engage with companies across Visa’s network of clients and partners.
- Stipend: One-time stipend to help creators kick-start the next phase of growth.
To learn more about the Visa Creator Program and how Australia creators can get involved at Visa.com.