EnergyLab’s new Climate Solutions Accelerator has chosen six startups for its six-month program.
The companies have also received a combined $500,000 in pre-seed investment.
Three of the six are Sydney-based, with two from Brisbane and another from California. Three of the startups have a female CEO.
The startups involved are:
- Circle Harvest, which is creating food from crickets, includes corn chips and biscuit mix.
- Infravision is using unmanned aircraft systems (drones) to safely string electricity transmission lines.
- Carbon Asset Solutions is a nature-based climate action solution that supplies precision soil-based Carbon Credits to global markets faster and more cost effectively.
- Bloom Impact Investing is making climate impact investing easy and accessible for Australians.
- Hygrid Energy has developed control technology that provides an “engineer in a box” for managing renewable energy and battery storage assets.
- California-based Harvest Thermal is supplying low carbon heating and hot water for homes using an ultra-high efficiency heat pump when electricity is cheapest, combined with thermal storage and is eyeing the Australian market.
EnergyLab chair Piers Grove, said he was impressed by the ingenuity of the founders as the program looks to accelerate the deployment of their climate solutions in Australia and overseas.
“What we’ve seen over the years at EnergyLab is truly inspiring and demonstrates the talent and desire here in Australia for creating world-leading innovations,” he said.
“This program ensures that startups with world-class teams, products and vision get the support they need to take their solutions to a global market.”
Grove said the common thread the latest climate solutions cohort has is a tenacious spirit for tackling some of the world’s toughest problems.
“In regulated sectors like food, finance and energy, and with the engrained orthodoxies that come attached, it takes highly motivated innovators to instigate the changes needed to move the world towards a carbon neutral future,” he said.
Along with an initial investment, the EnergyLab Climate Solutions Accelerator helps the startups with coaching, industry partnerships and assistance in raising further capital for their growth.
EnergyLab is Australia and New Zealand’s largest climate tech startup accelerator and innovation network, focused on reaching net zero emissions.
Daily startup news and insights, delivered to your inbox.