Australian property development giant Mirvac is launching an accelerator program focused on environmental and social change.
The Impact Accelerator is being run in partnership with INCO, the Paris-based global VC and not-for-profit accelerator venture for green tech and social impact startups.
Applications are now open for Australian startups and entrepreneurs to apply for The Impact Accelerator, which ill offer potential for seed stage funding at the end of the nine-month program from either Mirvac Ventures or Artesian Venture Partners.
The program includes:
- Access to Hoist, a collaborative co-working space designed and owned by Mirvac.
- Monthly group workshops with entrepreneurs and experts from the local ecosystem and INCO global network.
- Individual sessions with a Mirvac mentor
- A membership to INCO’s ecosystem of more than 2,000 startups in 35 countries
- Preferential access to up to AUD $100,000+ seed stage funding.
To qualify for the program, startups will need to have a beta tested product or an MVP ready to be beta tested in the first three months of the program, as well as a clear environmental and/or social mission and key competitive advantages.
Mirvac says applicants must also be working at transforming urban lives, through the development of a solution in one of the following categories; resource transformation, seamless transportation, energy optimisation and production, data collection and exploitation, community connection, sustainable procurement, future of work, or alternative design and conception.
Applications close September 11 and companies will be invited to a pitch night the following week. The top 12 will be invited to join The Impact Accelerator program.
Details are available here.