Fintech can be notoriously humble. We tend to hear about an innovation in the industry when a company has raised capital or is expanding overseas.
That’s why three years ago we started The Finnies. The awards night plays a key role in celebrating our best and brightest and pushing our industry to test its own limits.
We hear countless stories about the Finnies helping companies hire top talent and win new business. One of the best parts of running them is they genuinely contribute to our ecosystem and we’re looking forward to sharing those stories over the coming months.
We can’t run this event without your involvement, and that all starts with entries to the awards.
There’s less than two weeks left for you to enter.
If you work in a fintech punching above its weight, or you know someone leading the sector that deserves recognition, enter them for the awards on The Finnies website.
There’s also a few big changes this year that we’re keen to highlight.
Firstly, the awards this year will focus on FinTech Australia’s key theme of collaboration. Three new awards are centered on this point. They include: Deal of the Year, Partnership of the Year, Biggest Raise of The Year.
Secondly, they will be held in Melbourne at the Victorian Innovation Hub.
We’re expecting this year’s awards to be particularly memorable. The full details are below.
The 2019 Finnie Awards
Entries close: April 1
Awards night: Thursday June 6
Venue: Melbourne Innovation Hub, 710 Collins St, Docklands
Full list of awards:
- FinTech Organisation of the Year
- Emerging FinTech Organisation of the Year
- Outstanding FinTech Leader of the Year
- Female FinTech Leader of the Year
- Emerging FinTech Leader of the Year
- Excellence in Wealth Management
- Excellence in Payments
- Excellence in Business Lending
- Excellence in Consumer Lending
- Excellence in Blockchain / Distributed Ledger / Digital Currency
- Excellence in Insurtech
- Excellence in Crowdfunding
- Excellence in Industry Collaboration and Partnerships
- Excellence in Establishing Market Presence: Global
- Excellence in FinTech Support Services
- Best Workplace Diversity
- Deal of the Year
- Best Partnership of the Year
- Biggest Raise of the Year
Rebecca Schot-Guppy is the GM of FinTech Australia. StartUp Daily is the official media partner of FinTech Australia’s Finnie Awards.
Image: Rebecca Schot-Guppy.