The filming of Series 9 of Kochie’s Business Builders, a national business show that broadcasts on Channel 7 Sunday mornings at 11am, has already started, with the show set to go to air in October. Over the years, the programme has showcased some of the country’s most well-known entrepreneurs like Gerry Harvey, Carolyn Creswell and Naomi Simson as well as some of the most brilliant up-and-coming entrepreneurs, especially in the tech space like the teams behind Showpo, Stylerunner and OneShift.
This year, Startup Daily will be co-producing a segment within the show called Elevator Pitch that will specifically focus on technology startups. Throughout the 15-episode season, we will showcase 15 different pitches, which will be discussed by a panel led by David Koch as well as some well known entrepreneurs, corporate innovators, investors and members of the Startup Daily team.
So if you’ve got a great idea or are already working on a new startup, you can send through a video of your one-minute elevator pitch and have the chance to appear on national TV. Those selected will be notified prior to going to air. Filming for this segment begins this week and there is currently an open call-out to all startups across Australia to throw their hat in the ring to be a part of the programme.
To be be part of the programme, startup founders must film their pitch on their phone and follow the instructions below:
- Film a video of yourself with the camera in a landscape format so that it comes across better on TV
- Film the video in good lighting
- The video should go no longer than one minute
- Make sure there is quiet where you are filming to maximise audio quality
- Filming on an iPhone will work best for image and audio quality (if you don’t have access to a professional video camera)
- Upload your video and relevant details to this link when completed: pinstripemedia.digitalpigeon.com
If you have never seen the program before, check out the below clip from series 8 to get a feel for how it all works: