Mobile is a big deal. It’s a big deal for B2C marketers as more and more consumers make purchasing decisions and purchases from their mobile devices.
But what about B2B marketers?
Just like our B2C counterparts the biggest challenge as a B2B marketer is targeting the key platforms and mediums where our visitors are most likely to consume our content. According to a recent eMarketer article over 28 percent of U.S. C-level executives in the B2B space used a mobile device to research business puchasers; 21 percent used tablets. Without a mobile strategy B2B marketers risk losing out on a boatload of traffic and leads.
The problem today is still, an alarming majority of B2B marketers don’t have websites and landing pages optimized for mobile devices. Even worse, most have no strategy in place to easily convert their existing content into a mobile friendly format. But a relatively new technology could make this problem go away.
Enter responsive web design.
Reponsive web design is where the website you visit responds to the device that accesses it. This means you can have one website with the same content optimized for every device.
Responsive web design has several key advantages for B2B marketers:
1. You only need to create content once for PC, mobile & tablet;
2. You can deliver a consistant content experience across multiple channels;
3. You will be perceived as a forward thinking enterprise;
4. Your conversion rate will improve on mobile devices as your content and forms are optimized; and
3. You can track prospects and gain lead intelligence across multiple devices.
Mashable thinks responsive design is so important they recently called 2013, “the year of responsive web design“. So as a B2B marketer it is time to start thinking responsive and start bringing your content to life on mobile devices.