Alan Arnott, Technology Lawyer at Arnotts Lawyers
Tuesday, June 18th from 6:30 – 8:00 pm
Legal mistakes can doom even the best startup concepts and founding teams. In this class we’ll save you time, money, and heartache by preparing you to deal with the essential legal issues that every Australian startup faces.
This class is geared towards startup and pre-startup tech companies and SMEs. Alan will provide a discount code to downloadable technology contracts prepared by Arnotts Technology Lawyers.
Topics covered in this 90-minute class will include:
- Structuring your business – companies, trusts and shareholder agreements
- Your obligations as a director of your company
- Protecting your idea – NDAs, trademarks and patents
- Getting your contracts right – personnel, customer, supplier agreements, software development contracts
- Fundamentals of privacy and spam law
- What you do and don’t need a lawyer for
- Get acquainted with some of the key legal issues that all Australian startups should be aware of
- Identify what you do and don’t need a lawyer for
- Learn how to minimise legal risk, when and how to deal with lawyers so that you can get on with launching and running your business
- Understand some of your key obligations as a company director
Alan Arnott is a specialist technology lawyer. With qualifications in law and computer science, Alan represents startups, SMEs, industry leaders and government entities on technology commercialisation and acquisition, regulatory compliance and dispute resolution matters. Alan is also the founder of technologylawyer.com.au, an online technology contracts website with downloadable contracts for tech and telco businesses.