Search Marketing Workshop: SEO & SEM
Frederic Chanut, Managing Director at In Marketing We Trust
Thursday, May 9th from 1:00 – 5:00 pm
Is your business looking to grow its customer base? Do you care about your customer acquisition costs? If so, that’s good because these are some of the most important questions your VCs and partners will ask.
This workshop is designed for startup owners and business / marketing execs looking to build knowledge to tackle two of the most potent marketing channels for any business – SEO and SEM.
Students will walk away with a solid base to create a search engine optimised web presence, and a base plan to start ranking for relevant terms in Google.
Part 1: An Overview of the Search Landscape
- Learn why search is an integral part of your marketing arsenal
- Discuss methodology and approach to search engine marketing
Part 2: Search Engine Marketing with Google AdWords
- Define your search marketing metrics
- Create a winning campaign structure
- We’ll cover both basic campaign setup and more advanced options
Part 3: Search Engine Optimisation Tools of the Trade
- Define your keywords and audience
- Identify link building opportunities
- How to develop search-optimised web content
Part 4: Step-by-step Campaign Creation
- Pull together all that we’ve learnt to kickstart a search campaign for your business
Level & Prerequisites:
- Familiarity with marketing and communications basics
- A desire to design and implement an online marketing strategy
- Laptop or tablet with Excel
- Preparation material will be provided 1-2 days before the class
Frederic Chanut is an SEO expert and MD of In Marketing We Trust, a digital agency based in Sydney. Frederic has a background in inbound and digital marketing gathered through work in France, the UK and Australia. As a Digital Marketing Specialist, Frederic has worked for a number of companies ranging from startups to international corporations including Orbtiz, HP, American Express, Fuji-Xerox, Westpac, Asia-hotels, Accommodation.com, BT Financial, Salmat, Darrell Lea and many more.