Here is how the weekend panned out:
- Participants apply as individuals and work in teams of 5 or 6.
- Teams brainstorm ideas on the first day
- Work on Friday evening, all day Saturday, and then present pitches to the expert panel that evening. Phew!!! How Cool – leaves all day Sunday for Relaxin’ surfin or touristing in one of Australia’s most beautiful locations.
At the end of the weekend participants:
- have experienced the thrill of starting a business
- have met and learned from some experienced Australian entrepreneurs
- find out more about the sourcing funding for your fantastic web business idea.
- have worked hard and had a lot of fun
- spent time in a great place (see images of Merimbula here)
Natalie Godward has a background in marketing, online marketing and advertising. She is the President of the Merimbula Chamber of Commerce, and Vice President of the Bega Valley Business Forum.
Mary-Anne Waldren is a business mentor and speaker, and creator of the Australian Science Festival and National Science Week. She is founder of the Master Entrepreneur Program, and has been a speaker at the Canberra TEDx event in 2011
Christine Kaine is founder of Business Angels, and provides a matching and introduction service between entrepreneurs and investors taking into account not only the product and market fit, but also personalties.
Marc has founded businesses, bought and sold some, and failed with others, but is passionate about improving the world though better business. With a focus on sales and marketing, particularly in a B2B sector, Marc offers insight and advice to anyone who’ll listen and particularly enjoys a a double macchiato.
Russell Fitzpatrick is Deputy Mayor of Bega Valley Shire, Board Member of Regional Development Australia, Board Member of Southern NSW Health Board, Chairman of the Pambula Hospital Committee.
Previously Russell was Corporate Bank Manager at the National Australia Bank.