Once a month we’re going to be asking a member of the startup community “What are your 10 Essentials?”
This month we asked Niki Scevak, of HomeThinking and Startmate fame, what 10 things he can’t live without. First, a little about Niki:
Niki Scevak is the co-founder of HomeThinking which helps home owners find a realtor based on the realtor’s past performance and reviews. He is also the founder of Startmate, a group of startup entrepreneuers offering mentorship and seed financing to engineering-led teams based out of Sydney and an all-round great bloke.
Onto the essentials:
1. Herman Miller Aeron Chair – Some say it’s expensive but if you’re going to spend a large percentage of your life in it, the per hour costs are ridiculously low. The fact is, there is no better office chair in the wor
2. Macbook Air – The ultimate in portability, plus Macs are beautiful and don’t crash!
3. A macchiato from Latteria – One of the best macchiatos in Sydney. Latteria is full of charm and an excellent place to work for a few hours – it’s my office away from home.
4. Subscription to The New Yorker Archive – The world’s knowledge in the last hundred years can be found in The New Yorker and I love to spend hours just browsing around it.
5. Kindle – I read my Kindle books through the iPad (technically another item) but the ability to buy books at USD prices combined with the fact that you don’t need to lug around heavy books is absolutely ideal.
To see the rest of Niki’s essentials, checkout the full 10 Essentials page via the Semblance Systems blog!