ANZ Innovyz START today announced the ten companies that have been selected for the coveted three-month accelerator program launched by Innovyz and ANZ. Since its launch on February 24, the ANZ Innovyz START program received over 130 Australian and International applicants.
The 10 companies selected to participate in the 2012 ANZ Innovyz Start accelerator program include:
- Adelaide Baby Bargains: Free online marketplace for preloved baby & children’s goods, Adelaide, AU
- Be Intent: Online HR solution that measures mindset, staff engagement, optimizes people performance and delivers measurable productivity improvements, Auckland, NZ
- Captioning Studio: Speech to text, video search, web based captioning & subtitling, and tools for those who are deaf and hard of hearing, Adelaide, AU
- Cipher This: Software that automates the creation and integration of puzzles into any author’s original content, Boulder, Colorado, USA
- ConfPlus: Mobile service to facilitate registering, scheduling, networking, and communicating at conferences, Madison, Wisconsin, USA and Beijing & Shenyang, China.
- Credit Key: A web ‘transaction brokerage’ service that vastly reduces the amount of time between the issue and payment of invoices, Adelaide, AU
- iStudent: recruitment of international students with on-line search and enrollment, Sydney, AU
- LEAPIN: Cloud-based Property Management System featuring ‘smartphone room check-in’ and a ‘complete web check-in system for the accommodation industry’, Adelaide, AU
- www.mysupervisoronline.com: On-line resource, support and networking site to assist Honours, Masters and PhD students, Brisbane, AU
- P2P Agri: Farm business management decision software, Adelaide, AU
These ten companies will be mentored by 45 mentors from Australia and around the world. Some of the best innovators and business minds will work with the participants to refine their business concepts, shape their business plans, offer advice on marketing and product positioning and leverage their own personal networks. Importantly, the mentors will also maintain an ongoing mentoring relationship with the accelerator participants.
Of the selected ten companies, seven are from Australia: Sydney (1), Brisbane (1), and Adelaide (5). Three are international: USA (2), New Zealand (1).
Stephen Dunn, LEAPIN CEO, said “The ANZ Innovyz START program is the perfect fit for our company at its current stage of development. We have completed R&D and cleared the proof of concept stage. Over the last few months we’ve validated the market demand for our systems from key decision makers in our industry with investment funding from the Australian Government, and we’re now ready to commercialise it! What better way to begin a path of commercialisation than with the support of ANZ Innovyz START, patterned after the number one accelerator program on the planet, and its amazing array of mentors, supporters and sponsors!”
Yang (Cathy) Liu, Co-Founder of ConfPlus, said “I am very passionate about software development, and I am personally inspired to create services that make people’s life easier and better. As a woman entrepreneur and start-up founder, ANZ Innovyz START offers me the ideal platform to collaborate with successful women entrepreneurs and learn from their life experiences. I am very excited to be working closely with experts like Dr. Jana Matthews and the other mentors and look forward to seeing our vision transform into reality.”
Dr Jana Matthews, ANZ Innovyz START Program Director, said: “We were extremely pleased with the large number and high calibre of applicants from Australia and around the world. ANZ has been a great partner in the development of this accelerator program, from providing advice, helping evaluate some of the innovations, securing some of the mentors, to providing funding. ANZ has helped turn our vision into a reality. Without ANZ’s support this accelerator program would not have happened.”