Here are some of the business networking events you rated around the country:
1. The Hive [Perth]
The Hive is a forum for entrepreneurs to get together, to share stories and mingle with likeminded people. This event is extremely good if you are thinking of or are just starting a business. www.thehive.com.au
2. The Young Entrepreneurs Unconvention [Sydney, Melbourne]
This event is run by The Entourage who facilitate and encourage entrepreneurship in the 18-35 demographic. These events are great if you want to be inspired, learn a lot of techniques about how to start up and you will also meet some of Australia’s best entrepreneurs. www.the-entourage.com.au
3. Young Entrepreneurs Oz [Brisbane]
Launching in July this event is looking to be bringing the Brisbane startup community together in droves. With names such as BRW Young Rich List member Phillip Di Bella as one of the speakers and mentors at the event we can understand why. tickets are moving fast so if you are in Brissie and want to attend best get one at www.yeoz.com.au
Motivational Coach and speaker Denise Duffield-Thomas has said if you follow a few simple steps you will be able to get the best out of the event.
- Don’t be shy, turn up at the event alone. If you turn up early, you can always ask the organiser if they need help – it’s a great way to get known.
- Ask for Help – tell people you are starting out or you’re looking for some new business. Most people will try and help if they can.
- Go to everything at the beginning. It’s better than sitting at your desk waiting for the phone to ring. once you get the flavour of the different networking event, you start to realise which one suits you best for your industry.