Startup Tasmania is a networking group for Tasmanian entrepreneurs. They meet every friday night for drinks at 5pm at the Brunswick Hotel (67 Liverpool Street, Hobart). Startup Tasmania welcomes Tasmanian entrepreneurs from startup to exit phase, and everything in between. Come along!
Startup Tasmania supports Tasmanian startups and high growth businesses through providing a network for innovators, entrepreneurs and support services such as investors and consultants to meet and growth their capacity.
The purpose of Startup Tasmania is to:
- connect entrepreneurial Tasmanian business operators together through weekly networking events
- provide a platform for pitching and funding acquisition through tri-annual Pitch Club events
- create a virtual cluster of enterprises through members to promote collaborations and partnerships in Tasmania
- create a portal to disseminate information to start-ups and entrepreneurs through the http://www.startuptasmania.com website
- build and maintain a vibrant and innovative culture for entrepreneurs and start-ups in Tasmania
It is identified through recent research that the most vulnerable time in a business lifecycle is the start up phase, characterised by passion and enthusiasm, but often constrained by resources, capacity and experience.
Startup Tasmania is organised by 4 highly experienced entrepreneurs to assist new entrants into entrepreneurial start-ups and high growth businesses with a network of peers and mentors to assist in the early phase of their business.
This organisation has evolved organically through a need by the founders Oliver George and Byron Teu to offer assistance and support which they would have benefitted from on their startup journey.