Kyle and Jackie O’s new social network ‘a world first’, built by Moment Media
Earlier this month, Kyle Sandilands and Jackie O’s new KIIS 1065 breakfast show tied with Jonesy and Amanda’s WSFM for the number one spot across Sydney’s FM commercial stations.
The excitement continues with the announcement of Kyle and Jackie O’s innovative new social media platform which not only gives listeners access to all of Kyle and Jackie O’s social media content and news under one digital roof, but also allows fans to connect with each other through their own profile pages, updates and private and group messaging.
The Australian Radio Network (ARN) approached leading digital media agency Moment Media to create a platform that drives a whole new level of engagement between Australia’s most popular radio hosts and their loyal fans.
Sydney-based technology entrepreneur, and Founder of Moment Media, Ron Creevey said, “ARN is a forward-thinking market leader, and Kyle & Jackie O – two of the biggest names in the business – are known for pushing the boundaries. Together we’ve gone above and beyond to create the first dedicated social platform that aggregates and manages all social media feeds and social activity in the one exciting place.”
In a collaborative press release statement, Kyle and Jackie O say, “We knew we wanted something special, but the functionality of this new site, and the fact it’s the first entertainment based social network of its kind, has surpassed what we’d ever dreamt of.”
Creevey, whose credits also include part-owner of Heath Ledger’s production company The Masses, told Shoe String that the new platform is a first of its kind, taking existing social media platforms and adding new layers of innovation to heighten engagement.
Given Kyle and Jackie O have a loyal following, most of whom have switched across to KIIS 106.5 from 2DayFM 104.1, along with the hosts, this technology is not only an impressive strategic move, it takes the radio industry into new territory. And it wouldn’t be a surprise to see reprisals from competitors in Australia’s radio space.
In fact, the functionalities of www.kyleandjackieo.com speak for themselves:
- Collects and aggregates all Kyle & Jackie O and KIIS 106.5 content from their social media platforms, and updates every five minutes with any and all Kyle & Jackie O or KIIS 1065 mentions or hashtags on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google News, Google+, Soundcloud, YouTube, Pinterest and Vimeo.
- Posting of every online news article featuring Kyle & Jackie as it happens.
- Interactive music capabilities including the ability to listen to Jackie’s playlist of the week, purchase songs directly from the week’s Top 40, live streaming of Kyle & Jackie’s show, and access to the daily podcast via Soundcloud.
- Allows users to create their own profile page with their pictures and favourite videos and interact with other users, as well as allowing live competition entry on air with Kyle & Jackie O as it happens.
- Speak with Kyle and Jackie in exclusive social forums.
- Complete access to the platform from the web and mobile.
- Enables e-commerce for future related merchandise opportunities.
- Allows Kyle & Jackie O sponsors and advertisers to advertise across a social media environment, directly with ARN.
It is clear that the new social media platform designed expressly for Kyle and Jackie O has all the mechanisms in place to bring the hosts and their loyal fans closer together on an emotional level.
And this kind of platform is sure to be adopted not only by other sectors of the media industry, but also other industries. This is because the number one priority in any business’ marketing strategy is driving engagement – whether it’s with customers, clients, viewers, or readers, depending on the type of business we’re looking at.
Echoing this sentiment, ARN’s National Content Director Duncan Campbell said, “2014 at ARN is all about a deeper level of interaction and integration. Following on from their incredible #1FM survey win, we’re continuing to work directly with our talent to ensure a greater connection with their fans, and this website is just one example of our commitment to this.”
Creevey told Shoe String that Moment Media is in an ongoing relationship with ARN and so there are more innovations in the works. Moment Media is also working on an exciting new technology “that will blow [our] minds”, according to Creevey, but more on that will be revealed next week.
In the mean time, you can check out the platform for yourself via www.kyleandjackieo.com.