BRW Top 50 Entertainers
The entertainment industry has certainly not been immune to the GED and the dip in earnings of this years BRW Top 50 enetrtainers is reflective of this. Earnings this year are down 29 per cent from 2010’s $579.5 million to $409.7 million this year. Naomi Watts has certainly had a great year, securing 3rd spot behind production house Global Creatures and list veteran’s The Wiggles. Here is a snapshot:
- Total earnings for BRW’s Top 50 Entertainers List are down by 29 per cent to $409.7 million from last year, when they reached a high of $579.5 million. The cut-off for entry this year was $2.3 million.
- Global Creatures, the production company behind Walking With Dinosaurs –The Arena Spectacular, remains at number 1 on BRW’s annual Top 50 Entertainers List – despite earnings more than halving in 2011
- AC/DC, who were second on the list last year with earnings of $131 million, have dropped out of the Top 10 with earnings down to $9 million this year
- The Wiggles have moved back up the list to second place with earnings of $28.2 million
- Kylie Minogue re-enters the Top 10 with earnings of $15 million after being ranked in 26th place last year
- Naomi Watts is Australia’s highest earning actor, coming in at number 3 on the list, valued at $19.1 million
- 2011 is the Fifteenth Anniversary Year of BRW’s Top 50 Entertainers List. The first ranking, published in 1996, was topped by Mel Gibson who earned $16 million from starring, directing and co-producing the Oscar-winning Scottish epic, Braveheart. Members of the 1996 list had gross earnings of $95 million, and TV host Ray Martin managed to scrape onto the list with earnings of $550,000.
The BRW Top 50 Entertainers and Top 50 Sports Earners is out today.