Tonight on Angela’s Business mix: Jodie Fox!
This week on Angela’s Business Mix – 2SSRFM
Employees wellbeing can affect business performance
Doctor Themi Garagounis ( Doctor TG ) is a certified medical practitioner, author and public and motivational speaker with over 20 years of experience specialising in health and relationships. Graduating from the University of NSW School of Medicine in 1989, Themi was the youngest Neurosurgical trainee in Australia at the time. He later went on to study nutritional, environmental medicine, phyto-naturopathic medicine, and anti-ageing hormonal medicine. Themi is well placed to offer knowledge and true and effective solutions to relationships that may be floundering under changing circumstances. After twenty years working in medical practice, he has a wealth of experience placing him in a position to truly understand work/life balance and the importance of optimum health needed for achieving business success. You can follow Themi on Twitter or like him on Facebook. Themi will give his opinion on:
- Employee wellbeing affects the performance of individuals, teams and your organization
- Improving your employees well being physical and mental wellbeing can create significant and sustainable business benefits.
- Employer wellbeing predicts performance
- Employees with higher levels of wellbeing actually become more positive, are focused, energetic and become more resourceful in the way they work
Surviving Business in a Man’s World
Jaclyn Bold is the Founder of Bold Trailers – Sydney’s Trailer Repair Specialist and MobiMech – Your family Mechanical and Auto Electrical Workshop. One of Jaclyn’s key passions is to see trade businesses take care of their female customers. Bold Trailers new workshop is located at 5 Captain Cook Drive inCaringbah. With over 7 years experience owning and running automotive repair businesses, Jaclyn has personally seen the highs and lows that business throws your way. She is leading the way by showing other trades people how to structure and run their businesses to be more sustainable and successful. Jaclyn lives in the Sutherland Shire with her husband Christian and her 3 beautiful children. Like Jaclyn on Facebook, follow Jaclyn on Twitter, like Bold Trailers on Facebook, follow Bold Trailers on Twitter. Jaclyn will give her opinion on:
- The automotive industry is heavily male dominated
- How do staff react to a female boss?
- How do customers and suppliers react to a female at the head of an automotive business?
- How can we attract more women in the automotive trades?
The Business of Transition
Peter Black is a well rounded Business and Executive Coach, with particular specialties in C-Suite coaching with financial services and IT industries and professional services firms. Peter has over 30 years of business and coaching experience combined with a unique suite of business focused personality, behavioural and leadership assessment certifications. Peter assists in achieving business, career, organisational and/or life goals. He has worked with many individuals and organisations to facilitate successful business, career, executive and retirement transitions – whether exiting a role or organisation (outplacement), entering a role or organisation (on boarding) to becoming more effective in an existing role (executive coaching). Follow Peter on Twitter, visit his website, visit his blog, connect with him on LinkedIn. Peter will give his opinion on:
- Why it’s important to embrace change
- The GFC, it’s aftermath and how its provided us challenges, risks and opportunities
- Dealing with transition and the emotions involved in transition
- The importance of stress management to maintain perspective and balanced focus for your business
- A structured approach whereby you revisit your values, personal and business goals and the reality of your situation – financial, relationships or otherwise can assist to determine strategies and pathways forward
- The importance of having a great support network
Small Business September – glamour, global and growth
Jodie Fox is the Director of Fashion and co-founder of online shoe company design website Shoes of Prey. The shape and flavor that Jodie brings to the brand is borne out of a career with one of Australia’s advertising agencies, The Campaign Place. Prior to working in the advertising and fashion world, Jodie spent a number of years practicing as a Banking and Finance lawyer with Australian top five law firm, Blake Dawson. It was at law school that Jodie met Michael Fox and Michael Knapp, the other two co-founders of Shoes of Prey. Like Shoes of Prey on Facebook, like Shoes of Prey on Twitter. Jodie will give her opinion on:
- The story of Shoes of Prey
- Brand etiquette
- Making customer connections
- Social media and digital technology marketing for small business
SMSF Fundamentals – What you need to know
Tracey Sharahis the Managing Director and owner of Metro Accounting, a proactive accounting firm focused entirely on servicing SMSF and small business customers. Her fresh, energetic approach has proved popular with her loyal clients. Tracey believes accountants should be there to service the clients by charging fixed fees, providing excellent and efficient service through expert knowledge and service, and by using technology to interact with her clients. Tracey’s ability to make sense of complex taxation issues has resulted in increased demand for her to present on accounting and taxation matters. Like her on Facebook, follow her on Twitter, connect with her on LinkedIn. Tracey will give her opinion on:
- Why are SMSF’s growing so fast
- Requirements you need to know about a SMSF
- Advantages of a SMSF
- Challenges with a SMSF
- How do you know if a SMSF is for you
Please tune in, ask questions and interact with the show via Facebook, Twitter or email as detailed below:
. listen to the live streaming via the Radio 2SSR website.
. ‘like’ the Facebook page
. follow the Twitter account: @AngBizMix
. use Twitter Hashtag: #AngBizMix
. email [email protected]