Tonight on Angela’s Business Mix
Tune in to Angela’s Business Mix today Monday 22nd August for interesting discussions on:
A GUIDE TO UNDERSTANDING CLOUD COMPUTING
Chris Ridd leads Xero’s growing Australian operation. Chris has had more than 20 years in the Australian IT industry – the last 15 years at Microsoft. His experience spans a range of disciplines including enterprise sales and marketing, product management, strategic planning, business analysis, channel development and people management. Before joining Xero Chris was Director of the Microsoft Dynamics Business Group for Australia. In this role he managed a team of 22 staff. Chris enjoys working in a challenging and high performance culture and has a passion for demonstrating the positive impact of technology in business. Visit Chris website, follow Chris on Twitter, like him on Facebook. Chris will provide his opinion on:
- How the world is changing with cloud computing
- Why Cloud Computing is so compelling for small business
- Getting the most from your accountant by putting your books/finances online
TURNING BLOGGING INTO A BUSINESS
Rebecca Varidel is a freelance food and travel writer with a large global food and travel following as @frombecca on twitter – she is an avid advocate of online communities. Her food career has included cooking (in restaurants and catering), as well as publishing her latest food site, InsideCuisine.com. Her food career has included cooking (in restaurants and catering), working for premium food producers and retailers, and this year she was a contributor to two restaurant guides (Sydney and Melbourne) and the Foodies Guide to Sydney 2012. At home in Sydney, Rebecca writes the monthly recipe column for The Sydney Harbour Foreshore Authority: The Rocks newsletter. Work is global though and she also contributes to a number of European publications and websites including Glen Fiddoch Explorers and The Rambling Epicure. Visit Rebecca’s website, follow her on Twitter, follow Inside Cuisine on Twitter, like her on Facebook. Rebecca will give her opinion on:
- The challenges and business benefits of blogging for business
- How to tap into blogging as a marketing tool
SEVEN STEPS TO ONLINE SUCCESS
Paul Wallbank is a writer and broadcaster who helps businesses understand and use the world of cloud computing, social media, the mobile web and broadband Internet. His latest book eBusiness, Seven Steps to Online Success, is available at all good bookshops. You can contact Paul at his website. Follow Paul on Twitter. Paul will give his opinion on:
- What are the popular business tools?
- Are blogs changing business?
- Should business people worry about every social media service that comes along?
- Which services matter to most businesses?
- If you already have a website what should you be doing?
- Are the Yellow Pages dead?
- How do you stop hackers and security risks?
- Is it important to update your site regularly?
SMALL BUSINESS BOOTCAMP
Roland Hanekroot is the owner and founder of New Perspectives Business Coaching, as well as The Institute of Small Business Coaching (through which he has been accredited as a Master of Small Business). Roland is also the founder of the Small Business Boot Camp, and the author of the recently published book, The Ten Truths For Raising a Healthy Bouncy Business. Roland came to business coaching, mentoring and consulting from a small to medium business background. He has over 20 years’ experience founding and running successful businesses in construction, IT and business consultancy, and has lived and worked around the world. Roland is able to combine his background and training as a small business owner and entrepreneur with his qualifications in coaching, training and related disciplines to offer his clients the best of both worlds: coaching and business mentoring, and he loves them both! Join the Small Business Masterminds group on LinkedIn, follow Roland on Twitter. Roland will give his opinion on:
- Why does your business exist? Why does it matter to anyone besides yourself?
- How do you delegate and outsource? How do you leverage your time while keeping control of the business day-to-day? How do you ensure the business truly is healthy every day?
- What are your responsibilities as the business owner? Doing the work of the business owner as opposed to the work of the business. How do you let go?
Follow on twitter @AngBizMix