The Village Markets
The Village Markets, founded in October 2008, began with a humble nine stalls on the oval at Burleigh Heads State School.
The Village Markets were founded on a frustration of the lack of cultural events on the Gold Coast and places and events for emerging designers to showcase their work. Most of Australia’s major cities have markets focused on fashion and emerging designers and the Gold Coast lacked such an event. With so many talented designers based on the Gold Coast, Sarah Schoeller and Marissa Bowden hoped to create a space to showcase exactly what the Coast has to offer, plus to get our hands on some great fashion.
The Village Markets have since grown and the monthly event attracts fashionistas and bargain hunters in the hundreds. Unlike any other market, TVM is focused on fashion.
The Village Markets can be described as a:
• unique, open air fashion, art and designer market • creative hub of emerging fashion designers, artists and collectors of vintage fashion & accessories • community focused event, retailing quality hand-crafted products
• market committed to supporting young and emerging designers, artists and artisans
• start up for creative businesses, promoting development of key business skills and contacts
• showcase for new ideas and contemporary art, fashion and design
• meeting place for local residents and friends and visitors
• cultural blend of Gold Coast stylers, intellectuals, students, artists, urban professionals, and more
• interesting and fun place to explore and mingle
• market where customers can engage directly with the maker of a product/artwork
• perfect place to pick up a one of piece or a unique gift.
Check them out at www.thevillagemarketsgc.com